Saturday, January 22, 2011

Strength Will Rise

There are times that we can anticipate when life may get a little hairy.

I think being able to anticipate possible difficulties benefits us.  It gives us time to prepare and be strengthened... to put on the full armor of God.  (Ephesians 6:10-18)

Yesterday, I was anticipating one of these hairy times.  I don't know what to expect from the situation, but I know that whatever happens it will work out.  Thinking about the situation, one of our praise choruses came to my mind as I left for work in the morning.  "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord."  Of course, my memory for songs is not a good one, so the only other lines I remembered were the next two which say, "We will wait upon the Lord.  We will wait upon the Lord."

Coming home from work, still thinking about the hairiness that may come, I started to hum the song again.  Since I couldn't remember the rest of the song, I thought, "I would love to hear this song on the radio."  The radio was already tuned to my favorite station, 95.5 The Fish, so I pushed the button to turn it on.  This is what I heard...

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord (repeat)

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

God is absolutely amazing!

0 comments: