Saturday, February 23, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Sermon notes from January 27, 2008
Northside Christian Church - Robin Hart
Ephesians 3:20 (Living Bible) "God, by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of, infinately beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hopes."
QUOTE - William Cary. "Attempt great things for God. Expect great things from God."
I. Five types of people
1. Those with NO dream. 3 results - frustration, boredom, and regrets.
2. Those who have a LOW dream.
3. Those who have the WRONG dream.
4. People who have a VAGUE dream. (John 17:4; Ephesians 3:11)
5. Those with GOD'S dream.
II. Eight steps on how to get God's dream
1. Open your mind to God. (Inspiration)
2. Do some research. (Information)
3. Start asking for advice. (Consultation)
4. Establish priorities. (Selection)
5. Evaluate the cost. (Evaluation)
6. Plan for problems. (Preparation)
7. Be willing to risk. (Confrontation)
8. Do it now. (Initiation)
III. Be aware of five potential dream busters
Family, Friends (Mark 5:35-36; Psalm 1:1-3; Exodus 23:2), Fatigue, Failure, Fear (Numbers 13:1; 18-20; 26-28)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
You probably know the story. A mouse ran into a lion one day and the lion said, "Stop! I'm going to eat you." The mouse says, "Please don't and someday I will help you." The lion says, "You're too little to help me," but he lets the mouse go anyway.
Sometime later, the lion is caught in a hunter's net. The mouse gnaws through the rope to let the lion go. And they live happily ever after.
So the question presented on Moo's homework was, "What can you learn from this story?"
Moo's response... "Never eat your friends. That would be a bad mistake."